Friday, June 23, 2006

New Fields to Tend

Each year, a few Salvation Army Officers are reappointed to new fields of work. Leaving the familiar and the investment they have made in the lives of those they have served. How that becomes part of Gods' plan for His kingdom can be aided by the things we do to encourage or discourage.


"One Plants, Another Waters, God gives the increase"


Lift up your eyes , the fields are ready ,
Needing hearts that are willing and hands that are steady.

The same Master,and King who owns land,sun,and seed
Who speaks ever gently, yet commands us indeed

"Other fields I have,where the skills of your hand
Are the need of a place that without you now stands."

Obedient,we move at the Masters strong voice,
Leaving family and friends; we’re surrendered by choice.

We leave pathways familiar that are traveled by heart
To a place new,..untried,…..unknown,……set apart .

The only thing certain, is He that is known,
And will stand right beside us,for we are His own.

And no man can take us from that strong, pierced hand.
For the place that He leads is His own hallowed land.
ck


There may be new officers coming into the circles of life in which you travel; make them welcome, open doors of hospitality and friendship. Paint the pictures of joy and success that surround them in this new place. Don't prejudice them by sharing the negative. "Don't give bad news ....any legs to travel"
Christ's plan was that the world would know we are His, by the way we love each other. NT definition of love, has to do with "hopes (in)all things" and "does not rejoice iniquity" . Share blessing, not gloom.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

thank you for your words of wisdom.
I am not S.A officer, but God moved me few places and everytime He moved with me. Do you think He loves to travel? LOL...seriously, I believe our faith refines each new step we take, so thanks for encouraging the trembeling knees.

5:09 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

"the hurting world does not need to comprehend theology, or church .... they need to understand the regular acts of Christ-likeness that feeds the hungry, because they are hungry , and teaches our children by living example that drives home preached precept."

You quoted this on Carole's blog and it tugged at me. You may have seen my latest struggle in my blog and just when I think I know what I am supposed to do, I read this. Any thoughts that may help me? I very much value your wisdom and words. This seems like a small issue in the scheme of things, and yet it is not. I have prayed much.

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home